Top Ten On-The-Go Snacks!!
Preparation is the key when trying to reduce body fat and change your body composition! However we all live busy and hectic lives and sometimes, we have to grab a quick snack. There’s nothing wrong with snacking it simply comes down to the kind of snacks we chose to eat! People always ask me what can I snack on? Well here’s some great ideas:
1. Egg Muffins! These delicious ‘muffins’ can be made in minutes and they make a perfect breakfast treat, and the whole family will love them. Try adding some pancetta, onion and goats cheese with a sprinkle of herbs. Try this delicious recipe!!
2. Celery sticks topped up with a nut butter of choice, try cashew or almond butter but make sure it’s pure ingredient are nuts! Avoid one’s filled with palm oils and stabilisers.
3. Beef Jerky, yes its true.. we are born meat eaters!! However make sure your buying from a good clean source. We like Men’s Health Beef Jerky as it tastes great!!
4. Celery sticks again!! However this time with goat cheese sprinkled with toasted pumpkin seeds, high in fat, high in protein.
5. Tinned fish in olive oil, I love sardines or mackerel but any oily fish will do.
6. Super Green Smoothie!! It’s simple and taste great.. Just add one cup of water, 2 scoops of whey protein, 1 table-spoon of nut butter and 3 – 4 hand full of spinach leaves.
7. BCAA (Branched chain amino acid) with pure coconut water, I usually drink this concoction in the middle of my training sessions as it helps keep my blood sugar level stable and reduce the break do of muscle.
8. Dark green kale rolled up in turkey or roast beef slices, high in protein and fibre.
9. Halloumi cheese and olives.
10. Hard boiled eggs and sliced avocado.
Angelo De Chiara // Health & Fitness Coach