Recipe of the week
Skewiff Beetroot & Halloumi
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
Feeds: 4 people
8 small or 4 large beetroot
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp olive oil, plus a few extra glugs
3 sprigs of mint, leaves finely chopped
3 tbsp lemon or orange juice
½ tsp honey
2 x 150g blocks of halloumi
Step by step:
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place a large roasting dish in the oven to heat up.
2. Peel the beetroot and cut into 4cm cubes. Toss into a bowl with a pinch of salt, pepper and a gloss of oil. Tumble onto your warmed dish. Roast for 25 mins or till tender.
3. Whizz the chopped mint, olive oil, juice and honey in a food processor or blender for an extra creamy dressing or shake everything up in a jam jar till well mixed. Cut each block of halloumi into 12 cubes (so 24 in total). Get a large frying pan hot. Add a gloss of oil. Lower heat. Fry your halloumi in batches (if needed) till golden on top and bottom.
4. Skewer your beetroot and halloumi. You should get 8 generously filled skewers or 12 smaller ones.
5. Drizzle with the mint dressing and serve any remaining on the side.
Bon Appetit 🙂